SCOM 2012 R2 – Web Console Error “Connection session is not found”

Today while installing SCOM in the lab faced a strange issue. When I tried to open the web console I faced this error…

1

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.DataProviderException: An error occurred executing the command: [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.Security!DeclaredAssemblyDataProvider/GetAssemblies] in provider: [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.Security.DeclaredAssemblyDataProvider, Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.Security, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]. : Connection session is not found.

The URL I entered was http://scu_scom/OperationsManager . After some checks I tried to open the Web Console by entering http://localhost/OperationsManager and the console opened perfectly. Then I added a DNS Alias http://SCOMWEB/OperationsManager and the SCOM console also worked perfectly.

I installed all SCOM 2012 R2 UR2 components on one server which had the name SCU_SCOM. After some searching on the internet I found a thread in the TechNet forums . It did not solve the issue but it seems that others had also a problem.

Because I have never had this issue before and considering my analysis above, I assume that the “underscore” in the server name is creating this issue. When you try to install and name a Windows server which as an underscore in its name, you get a prompt that this could lead to problems. Well, this is probably one of them.

Conclusion: Don’t use “_” in your server names.

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s