SCOM 2012 R2 – Discovery was not successful “Unspecified failure” (Ubuntu 12.04)

Today I have been playing around with some other Linux distribution and I ran into a strange error. I ran the SCOM discovery wizard and the after a few seconds the wizard showed me this error….

1

Because I had not used the Ubuntu distribution before I used searched for several misconfigurations and found some other issues but they did not explain this error.

Well, after a long time I changed the password for the account to discover the Ubuntu server and then the discovery ran without an issue….

2

The old password was…

password123$

and I changed it for the ease of use to…

password123

and then it worked.

Strange error, but if you have such an error try to avoid the “$” sign. Maybe there is also an issue with other special characters.

I did not make any further tests, but hopefully it saves a bit of time solving your issues.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s