Here I just created a script to download the MMS 2012 sessions for offline viewing .
There are few things you will need:
- Create a login account here http://www.mms-2012.com/digitalmms
- Get the script and the session file from here
I uploaded the latest sessions.txt file to skydrive which I received from Eric. It contains 208 session names. I have not verified all sessions. I could download 165 Sessions. 43 sessions couldn’t be downloaded. Maybe give it a shot it is in a zip file called sessions_208.zip.
UPDATE (20.04.2012): Wow! I didn’t expect to get so many nice words and suggestions. As a result of this I improved the script an built in some error handling.
Download the zip file MMS2012_Downloader_V2.zip
- Copy the script file and the sessions.txt into the same directory!
- Add your credentials on top of the script. Nothing more to adjust!
- Call the script you just need to specify the path drive where you want to save the files e.g.
A folder MMS2012Sessions will be created on c:\MMS2012Sessions
- I added the key note files into sessions.txt (credits to oclash)
- Script checks for neccessary files and would write a meaningful error
- Sessions which cannot be downloaded will be written out to a file in the script directory called sessions_notavailable.txt. You just can rename this file to sessions.txt and start the download again .
Create an account
Go to http://www.mms-2012.com/digitalmms and click…
and then going here…
I didn’t try facebook, twitter and other accounts in my script!
After you copied the script and sessions.txt file e.g. to c:\temp, open the script and adjust the credentials, target path and where the sessions.txt file is located. Then execute the script in Powershell…
The script looks like this….
At this moment I am just downloading session 29…some sessions are maybe not available yet as you can see here…
I did not test the script very extensively so please forgive me any errors.
If you wan to know which session talks about what and what is the name of the session, you can download the pdf from here.